Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

mini green egg

edited 12:57AM in EggHead Forum
does anyone know about the mini green egg,such as;can it fit a small chicken?how big of a roast?how many coals will it hold?is there a shipping cost?anyone have any pics?where can i get one in the los angeles area?anything at all would be helpful.thanks!
·

Comments

• djm5x9djm5x9 Posts: 1,342
    BGEMinisteak.jpg
    <p />joe bob:[p]Here are pictures of a single ribeye being cooked on a Mini. You could cook two chicken halves, two steaks, or anything that can fit on a nine inch grid. There is room for enough lump to handle anything you could fit in side. At the top of this forum there is a dealer locator . . . Just enter your zipcode.

·
  • MopMop Posts: 496
    djm5x9, Is that "Char Crust" you have on that meat?
    if so, which one!

·
  • djm5x9djm5x9 Posts: 1,342
    Mop:[p]Kosher salt and fresh ground pepper. Another personal favorite is 50/50 Lawry's and Obie Cue's Fajita Seasoning. I have tried the Char Crust series and although it is good, the taste bud satisfaction vs. cost was not there . . .

·
  • MopMop Posts: 496
    djm5x9, Thanks, I`ll try the kosher salt and fresh ground pepper tonight.
    I recieved a pepper mill filled with three peppercorn medley.
    That sounds good....

·
  • joe bob,

·
  • joe bob,[p] Sorry about the empty post, its been a while. I got a mini for Christmas and it's great. I have been lusting after BGE for years but had not made the leap. I have only cooked a couple of chops, but they were great. I had no trouble getting to 600 deg F in 18 deg weather. For my two bits worth, the mini is well worth having. As soon as possible, it will have a "big brother".

·