Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Who’s ready for football and tailgating? We are! Check out our tailgating page for recipes that are great to bring to a tailgate, or cook at home if you’re entertaining friends during a game. If you need an easy breakfast recipe, these Sticky Buns are the way to go. If you’re looking for a fan favorite with bacon, try these Double Pork Sliders. We can’t wait to kick off another fall full of tasty food!

Coming to Atlanta for EGGtoberfest? Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340 - NOTE we are CLOSED on Saturday OCT 10th for EGGtoberfest.

Taylor/Polder Wireless Thermo w/pager

edited 4:24PM in EggHead Forum
Just thought I would let you all know that I had a probe fail on one of my Taylor 1474 wireless thermometer. I called Taylor and received the following notice.

Since this unit was involved in a Patent dispute, the first of the year and Taylor had to discontinue selling this unit. There are NO probes available from them for replacement under warranty.

Taylor is sending me a whole new unit, without pager, model 1470. Of course the probes are not compatible between the two. This is the same unit as the Polder, so be advised, if you buy these units they are dumping them to get rid of them.

I did find replacement probes on Amazon and ordered three of them. Don't know how long they will last. Better to find a different with a better probe that will be around during warranty the period.