Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re so close to Thanksgiving that we can taste it and we’re ready to help you prepare the most delicious Thanksgiving feast you’ve ever cooked! Check out our Turkey Cheat Sheet for turkey tips, our Thanksgiving page for turkey recipes, and our Holiday Entertaining Publication for all other Thanksgiving needs to help you make this the best Thanksgiving yet! PS. Don’t forget about breakfast Thanksgiving morning either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

beef tenderloin

Orio KidOrio Kid Posts: 87
edited 3:41AM in EggHead Forum
I need a good recipe....going to try a beef tenderloin for New Years.
Any ideas?

• Nature BoyNature Boy Posts: 8,378
    When I get around to doing a beef tenderoin, I will do this one.
    Nothing but god things I have heard.
    happy new year

[ul][li]SloMo's stuffed tenderloin[/ul]
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
  • GfwGfw Posts: 1,598
    <p />ORIO KID, sounds almost like last week. I haven't done slomo's recipe but I have done the "Drunk & Dirty Tenderloin" from Smoke & Spice a couple of time - it was great, but you have to like the flavor of bourbon and pepper. [p]Check out the link for pictures, times and recipe. Good Luck and Happy New Year!

[ul][li]Drunk & Dirty Tenderloin [/ul]

• Nature Boy,
    Thanks I think I will give this a try.

I did tenderloin for christmas dinner. If I do say so myself, it was phenomenal. Everyone said it was the best meat they had ever had. It was not fancy, but what I did was rub the tenderloin with crushed black pepper,garlic, and kosher salt. I had the egg at 375 and cooked until the internal temp was 140. It was perfect. If someone wants rare, the inside is great. The end pieces are more medium to medium well.
    I had some left over and froze it to make quesidillas at the Tennessee Titans game next sunday.
    Good luck with whatever you try. [p]