Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s almost football season, so we’re perfecting our favorite tailgating and homegating recipes! Whether you like hamburgers, wings, brats, ribs or something cooked with beer, we have everything you’ll need for the perfect tailgate party. We always like inviting friends to join our tailgates because the EGG is about community and having fun, so make sure if you’re inviting company you make extra - the food will be gone before you know it! Don't forget dessert, either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

beef tenderloin

Orio KidOrio Kid Posts: 87
edited 6:54AM in EggHead Forum
I need a good recipe....going to try a beef tenderloin for New Years.
Any ideas?

Comments

• Nature BoyNature Boy Posts: 8,353
    ORIO KID,
    When I get around to doing a beef tenderoin, I will do this one.
    Nothing but god things I have heard.
    happy new year
    NB

[ul][li]SloMo's stuffed tenderloin[/ul]
    DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
  • GfwGfw Posts: 1,598
    S11_14_9918_41_04.jpg
    <p />ORIO KID, sounds almost like last week. I haven't done slomo's recipe but I have done the "Drunk & Dirty Tenderloin" from Smoke & Spice a couple of time - it was great, but you have to like the flavor of bourbon and pepper. [p]Check out the link for pictures, times and recipe. Good Luck and Happy New Year!

[ul][li]Drunk & Dirty Tenderloin [/ul]

• Nature Boy,
    Thanks I think I will give this a try.

• ORIO KID,
    I did tenderloin for christmas dinner. If I do say so myself, it was phenomenal. Everyone said it was the best meat they had ever had. It was not fancy, but what I did was rub the tenderloin with crushed black pepper,garlic, and kosher salt. I had the egg at 375 and cooked until the internal temp was 140. It was perfect. If someone wants rare, the inside is great. The end pieces are more medium to medium well.
    I had some left over and froze it to make quesidillas at the Tennessee Titans game next sunday.
    Good luck with whatever you try. [p]