Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Egg Snuffer

Options
Dave
Dave Posts: 163
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Hey Gang:[p]I dropped the Snuffer Cap for my BGE this afternoon. It broke into 4 pieces. I have read on here before that some of you have used some type of High Temp Epoxy or Glue to repair them. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks
Dave

Comments

• Sigmore
    Sigmore Posts: 621
    Options
    Dave, I have never used mine on either of my large or medium Eggs. I close off the daisy and call it good.
  • Dave
    Options
    sigmore,[p]Thanks,
    I put a piece of Aluminum Foil on the top & then put the Daisy Wheel on top of it. [p] Dave

• An Egg Downunder
    Options
    Dave,[p]
    I keep my ceramic damper top in an office drawer along with my other never-used egg stuff - the feet, video (VHS for heaven's sake)and, last but far from least, the instruction booklet.[p]If I want a quick close down of my egg, I simply place a square of foil over the chimney and plonk the daisy on the top.

• AZRP
    AZRP Posts: 10,116
    Options
    sigmore,
    I used to do that too until one afternoon, I finished cooking, closed the draft door, and closed up daisy. Around noon the next day I decided to clean the Egg and vacuumed it out. A few minutes after I finnished smoke started coming out of my shop vac. I dumped it out and found glowing embers that got supercharged by the vacuum. The point here is that between the leaks in the draft door and the leaks around the daisy wheel, my Egg wasn't going out. The good people here on the forum advised me to use the ceramic cap, and now it goes out. -RP

• The Naked Whiz
    The Naked Whiz Posts: 7,777
    Options
    Dave,
    You can use (among other things) J B Weld to fix it. I bought some at Ace Hardware.[p]TNW

The Naked Whiz
  • tstick
    tstick Posts: 67
    Options
    Dave, I broke mine in 2 pieces and glued it back together with gorilla glue. tstick

• Dave
    Options
    tstick,[p]Thanks Everyone. I will try glueing it back together today.[p] Dave