Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re feeling pretty super, how about you? The big game is fast approaching, and while we love football, we love an excuse to invite people over and cook even more! You too can cook like a champion with recipes from Dr. BBQ’s NFL Gameday Cookbook: Grilled Tuna Sandwiches from Seattle and Baked Brie from New England. Who’s going to win? You’ll have to cook both to find out.

The 17th Annual EGGtoberfest was amazing - here are the highlights Click Here

More surf and turf

mollysharkmollyshark Posts: 1,519
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
After reading all the surf and turf info on those lobster tails, is there anyone here NOT doing them for NYE? I can't get the idea out of my head now! Am curious, though. How do you juggle the different cooking times/temps between the surf and the turf? A high temp turf with an idle and a medium temp surf...how do you manage it? Or should we assume 2 eggs at work here? I don't want to have to figure this out AFTER I've had champagne.
·

Comments

• Nature BoyNature Boy Posts: 8,320
    MollyShark,
    The lobsters cook quickly. Why not do the turf first, and while they rest, fire up the lobsters, which are best served immediately. [p]During the turf dwell, your temps should come down to the perfect range for cooking the lobsters.[p]Just a thought
    happy new year!
    NB

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    ·
  • mollysharkmollyshark Posts: 1,519
    Nature Boy,
    Yep...that's about the only way to do it. Was thinking same on the dwell period. That usually drops it down to that 400 range. This is exciting! Will report back tomorrow!

·