Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Who’s ready for football and tailgating? We are! Check out our tailgating page for recipes that are great to bring to a tailgate, or cook at home if you’re entertaining friends during a game. If you need an easy breakfast recipe, these Sticky Buns are the way to go. If you’re looking for a fan favorite with bacon, try these Double Pork Sliders. We can’t wait to kick off another fall full of tasty food!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

pork loin took forever

edited 5:02PM in EggHead Forum
I got a pack of pork loins that weighed about 2 pounds last night.I fired up the egg and let it stabalize at about 350. The pork loins were marinated and then tied together with mandarin oranges in between them.At 6:50 last night I put them on the egg on a raised grid and cooked them direct and flipped them every so often. About 30 minutes later I CHECKED THEM FOR DONENESS and they were at 120. Ichecked every 10 minutes after that as I became impatient.Anyway they did not come off till 8:30 last night and the meat thermometer only said 150.They were absolutely delicious, but the time it took was insane and I was wondering what the likely cause was.
checking them too much
thermometer [which was just calibrated]
tying the 2 together
or raised grid
Anyway thanks for the info in advance.