Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Chops last night

Options
MickeyT
MickeyT Posts: 607
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Hi ya'll,[p]Went to Costco yesterday and picked up the "Industrial Size" package of loin chops. (no bone). After taking the wife to see Family Man (very funny) I cranked up my medium egg. (Sprinkled the chops with Char Crust Garlic and Peppercorn before we hit the show)Got the egg up past the 750 mark and did 2/2/5. Pulled the polder out after it read 150. The chops were out of this world. 4 out of the 5 chops were the same size, the other one was a tad larger and was a little pink.
Will slice that up for a bbq sammich today.
Gonna cook the 4 fillet's that KennyG. sent me for New Years Eve. (Thanks again Kenny) The cheescake had rave reviews. :^)[p]It's a wild winter so far. Be safe out there.[p]Mick

Comments

• KennyG
    KennyG Posts: 949
    Options
    MickeyT.,[p]You are most welcome my friend! What I forgot to tell you was that my son is coming over to your house for New Year's Eve dinner since he lives in the area hehehe.[p]Glad that you are having so much fun with Humpty and his brother.[p]K~G[p]

• Jethro
    Jethro Posts: 495
    Options
    MickeyT.,[p]I love pork chops on the Egg. One of the family's favorites. If you get a chance - try your chops with Lysander's (sp?) Pork Rub. It is really great on chops. There's a little butcher shop on the north side of Dempster just west of East Prairie street. Darn good stuff if you get the chance to try it.[p]Have a great New Year![p]Jethro