Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Here are some of our new favorite non-beef burgers: Italian Turkey Burger, Grilled Tuna Burger and Goat Cheese Portobello Burger. You’ll want to perfect these before football season starts up in a few weeks! It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Final Report on cook with homemade temp barrier

The VirginianThe Virginian Posts: 275
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Since Sunday I have been cooking on my XL and using a homemade temperature barrier that hangs several inches below the grate. It is based on a design that NB uses for indirect cooking. For July 4 I cooked a brisket on bottom and a large butt on top, and the cook went great with plenty of extra room. At some point this summer I will try a full competition cook at home (brisket, butt, ribs and chicken) and then a real competition on just the XL in the fall. Thanks to Nature Boy, Old Dave, and the gentleman who has been doing well on the competition circuit with only 1 Large Egg (forgive me, I cannot remember your name at the moment)for the inspiration. This is fun, and has increased the versatility of my XL substantially. [p]Brett