Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Are you happy it’s finally National BBQ Month? While we like to BBQ year round, May is our favorite because the whole country is celebrating delicious food. If you’re new to cooking BBQ on your EGG, check out our Smoking Basics Publication...if not, proceed to some of our favorite recipes! We love Dr. BBQ’s Coffee Rubbed Brisket, Famous Dave’s Sticky Ribs and Virginia Willis’ Pulled Pork. Pair with this cheesy favorite for a winning way to start off May!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Wing success; prime rib next

Frozen ChosenFrozen Chosen Posts: 131
edited 2:24AM in EggHead Forum
Thanks to the forum for the tips on wings. I wound up doing two types for a party here, and they went fast. Now, I have never tried a rib roast on the Egg....it would be great to have a standardized recipe on the forum. The salt encrusted version posted earlier seemed like a God awful mess, and the moisture-retaining qualities of the Egg seem to remove any need to go this route anyway. Plus which I am guessing the pan drippings are inedible, so no Yorkshire pudding. So, I guess a rub with garlic, lots os grund pepper, some salt, and (?)sounds best with Kenny G's suggestion of 450F for 20min, then 350F until it hits 120 Polder. My wife is a traditionalist here, and views all this something like doing the Thanksgiving turkey in a curry sauce.
·