Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Baby Backs

Options
BK
BK Posts: 19
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Planning on Baby Backs in the Morning. Past experience tells me to estimate betwen 3 & 4 hours. But I'm seeing posts saying 5& 6 hours. I've got three racks, what do Y'all expect this to take. I've cooked at 250 -275 with spikes in the 300 range, but usually stay under the 300 mark.

Comments

• BajaTom
    BajaTom Posts: 1,269
    Options
    be52bdc9.jpg
    <p />BK,
    I just did 3 racks of St Louis style ribs the other day. I cooked indirect without foiling for just about 6 hours. Dome temp was 235/240 for the whole time. Babybacks will take maybe 5 hours to finish. Good luck, Tom

• The Pork Jesters
    Options
    BK,[p]If you are cooking loin backs in the weight range of 2.25 lbs per rack and cooking at 225* it will take about 5.5 hours +- to finish. With a pit temp of 250-275 you should be in the 4 hour range. If you have temp spikes up to 300* I would suggest using turbinado sugar in your rub. [p]Odis
  • wingfoot
    wingfoot Posts: 95
    Options
    BK,
    If you keep the dome in the 250 to 275 range, I'd cook them indirect for 3 hours, then foil them for about an hour. After that, raise the grid and give 'em another hour direct, mopping and turning every 20 minutes. I do them that way all the time and they're great.[p]Mike