Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Temp probe dead

Options
JimE
JimE Posts: 158
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
The temp probe for dome temp that came with my new EGG died after one month. What brand should I replace it with.
A side note: I made my first pizza in the EGG yesterday with Italian sausage and Canadian bacon. It was some of the best pizza I've ever eaten. It reminded me of my grandmother's cooking on her wood stove when I was little. [p]Fat and Full
Jim

Comments

• CT Grillguy
    CT Grillguy Posts: 149
    Options
    Jim,[p]Welcome! Your dealer will replace it for free. Or, you can send it back to the home office (call them). BGE is amazing for replacing items that fail.[p]Now, make sure it actually is broken. Do the calibration test and turn that bolt around to see if it just didn't get spun around.
  • JimE
    JimE Posts: 158
    Options
    CT Grillguy,[p]Thanks CT,
    I will do that today. Do these probes usually hold up well over time? I thought maybe I just needed a better quality probe. I'm sure the probe is bad as the temp swings wildly back and forth for no reason. I held it over a gas flame and it would go up and then down by 100 degrees without ever moving the probe. I thought the wind was causing a draft but that was not the case.
    Thanks
    Jim