Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re so close to Thanksgiving that we can taste it and we’re ready to help you prepare the most delicious Thanksgiving feast you’ve ever cooked! Check out our Turkey Cheat Sheet for turkey tips, our Thanksgiving page for turkey recipes, and our Holiday Entertaining Publication for all other Thanksgiving needs to help you make this the best Thanksgiving yet! PS. Don’t forget about breakfast Thanksgiving morning either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Prime Rib Help Please

Greetings![p]Would anyone know how to go about cooking a beef prime rib in an extra large egg? A good recipe for Christmas day will be greatly appreciated! Thanks![p]Red

• Mr BeerMr Beer Posts: 121
    I have never done prime rib on my egg but there has been a lot of talk about cooking them the past week or so. Here's links to a recent thread - Salt encrusted rib roast[p]Mr Beer[p]

• RhumAndJerkRhumAndJerk Posts: 1,506
    Just a little down the threads is a post about Prime Rib Decision. It holds the basic information. Since Prime Rib is great by itself, just some kosher Salt and Pepper. Further down is a great post by Earl about a Salt Encrusted Prime Rib that is complete with all the pictures. It is a great read.[p]I have a sauce that I consider essential to be served with Prime Rib. Here is the Link:[p]By the way, what is an Extra Large Egg??[p]Hope this Helps,

[ul][li]Horseradish Sauce for Prime Rib[/ul]
  • HuckHuck Posts: 110
    I just did two of them this week (yes, they're THAT good!!!) I powdered it with garlic powder, a little salt, and course black pepper. I seared it outside (TONS of smoke!) on a cast iron pan. I put it in the smoker on a rack in a pan with a Corona in it on top of a pizza stone at 350 degrees until 136 degrees. I pulled it and let it rest for ten minutes or so before serving. IT IS THE BEST PRIME RIB THAT WE'VE EVER HAD!!! Let us know how YOURS turned out :)