Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re halfway through National Barbecue Month and loving every minute of it. We hope you’ve had some time to try out some new recipes and enjoy a few old favorites as well. If you’d a couple tips on smoking meat, check out our Smoking Basics Publication. For delicious recipes, try Justin Moore’s BBQ Shrimp, Greg Bate’s BBQ Dr. Pepper Chicken, Bobby Flay’s Chicken Thighs or Dr. BBQ’s new Maple Brined Pork Chops. Need dessert? Finish off your meal with some Planked Twinkies. Have a great rest of May & get ready for some fun summer happenings!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

thermicator

char buddychar buddy Posts: 562
edited 7:27PM in EggHead Forum
I'm still pulling together my christmas wish list and I was looking at a write up on something called the thermicator. it looks like it is an industrial
strength instant read thermometer. It claims to be faster than a polder so you can take a steak's temperature even during a wild, +900 cook.[p]Anybody know anything about them? Anybody using one?[p]They are expsenive - $150 - but a fella can dream, right.

·

Comments

• KennyGKennyG Posts: 949
    thermo.jpg
    <p />char buddy,[p]This is a lab reference thermocouple that I use to calibrate the thermometers on my rigs. This one can handle temps from -80* to +1800* and the silica cable is good for 1500* Believe it or not, my gasser can hit those highs.[p]It is a nice little toy but you quickly find out that man was never meant to measure temps this accurately. A big pot of boiling water can have a 5-7* temperature difference from top to bottom and from side to side. [p]Email me if you need more info,[p]K~G
    ·