Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Did I miss the thread on cooking on the 3rd and 4th?

Options
Car Wash Mike
Car Wash Mike Posts: 11,244
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
wflag.gif
<p />Dang, I was hoping for some good ideas. I have to cook on gassy Fri-Sat-Sun. Monday back to egging. Man has to have his ribs on the 4th, doesn't he?
What else?[p]Mike

Comments

• ronbeaux
    ronbeaux Posts: 988
    Options
    Car Wash Mike,
    My daughter is coming down from Fargo on the third. I'll have pulled pork ready to go when she gets here. Then it's jambalaya in the big pot and ribs on the BGE for the 4th!!

• Car Wash Mike
    Options
    ronbeaux,
    Hey, VWGal told me you had a great recipe for jambalaya. Pretty pretty please share. LOL Someone won't give me my recipe book.[p]Mike

• thirdeye
    thirdeye Posts: 7,428
    Options
    e785affc.jpg
    <p />Car Wash Mike,[p]I will either duplicate this rib cook (I'm sure the neighbors would love some of 'em) or try one of the high temp brisket cooks I've been reading about on some of the Q forums.[p]BTW - Didn't you experiment with a hi-temp brisket or am I thinking of someone else?[p]Happy Trails
    ~thirdeye~

Happy Trails
    ~thirdeye~

Barbecue is not rocket surgery
  • Car Wash Mike
    Options
    sugarbrisket.jpg
    <p />thirdeye,
    OMG The last time I made a comment about a rack like that I got slapped. LOL
    That would be a 5 hour brisket that takes a little longer. I haven't posted about it for awhile though. Monday sounds like experiment day.[p]Mike

• Herm
    Herm Posts: 206
    Options
    Car Wash Mike,[p]I just went on a shopping spree for my weekend of egging. I got spare ribs, beef short ribs, lots of chicken wings and a Jimmy Dean Sausage. All but the wings will be firsts for me. It's been busy lately, so I'm overdue for some quality time with my egg.[p]-Herm
  • Smoked Signals
    Options
    thirdeye,
    Where did you get that rib rack? Did you make it? I work in a factory that can easily duplicate something like that ... can you email me the dimensions?[p]Thanks,
    Doug

• thirdeye
    Options
    b0aa2307.jpg
    <p />Smoked Signals,[p]No, I didn't make this one. The rack is a Dave Klose design and I bought my two from Rocky Richmond for around $25 each. I didn't buy them for use in my LGE, but they are a good fit. They are 3/16 stainless and spot welded The spot welded connections are easier to clean after cooking than my tack welds, and there are about 30 spot welds. I think I will weld a 1" riser on the middle diaphragm to attach my guru pit probe to keep it just above the racks.[p]I guess I'm not giving up anything top secret as the dims are on Dave's website: width-11", depth-9.5", height-5", 2" of room between the diaphragms. To improve headroom and help basting, the diaphragms lean 20°. [p]106802cd.jpg[p]~thirdeye~[p]

Happy Trails
    ~thirdeye~

• thirdeye
    Options
    The rod is 3/16" diameter, not grade 316. Most likely it's commercial grade 304.[p]~thirdeye~
    Happy Trails
    ~thirdeye~

• Smoked Signals
    Options
    thirdeye,
    Sweet .. thanks!