Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

The Final Report

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
It finally made to 192 degrees. I want to thank everyone for the most wonderful brisket I ever cooked. When my wife says it ain't to dry, I done good. It was fantastic. Going to take whats left and chop it up into some baked beans. If anyone has a great bean receipe let me know. I bought whole untrimmed briket at Walmart for 89 cents a pound. My biggest problem now is to decide what to cook on low and slow method. I think I might try one of those pizzas for New Years. I also would like to wish everyone a very Merry Christmas and may you and your loved ones receive many blessings in the New Year. Remember, there's nothing like a good eggin. Oh, one last thing: Dear Lord please let it snow in Fla.

Comments

• Carl T
    Carl T Posts: 179
    Options
    J. Wilson,[p]I'm glad the brisket turned out well. Good things come to those who can wait out the plateau. Wait till you try an 8 lb pork butt. (don't take it off until 200 internal)[p]Merry Christmas
    Carl T

• Fireball
    Fireball Posts: 354
    Options
    J. Wilson,
    Here is a great bean recipe. Go up to the Submitted Recipe link(click on it) go to the "Sides" and click on 0169.htm. I have tried it several times and like it a lot. Welcome to our growing egg family. Happy holidays to you.
    Fireball[p]

• Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Options
    J. Wilson,
    Glad to hear the brisket worked out for you. Told ya I had a good feeling about it![p]Tanker Tim's beans are excellent. Click the link.
    And enjoy your holidays.
    NB

[ul][li]TT's beans[/ul]
    DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • sprinter
    sprinter Posts: 1,188
    Options
    J. Wilson,[p]Congrats on the brisket. I finally found anohter person here who can get brisket for less than a buck a pound. I think people here think I'm full of (*^%*& at the prices I get them for. Others are paying 3-4 bucks a pound for brisket. Whew, thats expensive meat. They are on sale at Wal Mart here in S. IL for $.79/lb. Thats daily price, not sale price. Stock up time. If you want to try some jerkey, have the butcher cut one of those briskets to about an eighth of an inch, use whatever jerkey recipe you want, and get ready for some good eats. Congrats again, you'll love the pizza on the egg and I've made some calzones that are wonderful also. 'sperimenting is half of the fun of the BGE.[p]Troy