Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re so close to Thanksgiving that we can taste it and we’re ready to help you prepare the most delicious Thanksgiving feast you’ve ever cooked! Check out our Turkey Cheat Sheet for turkey tips, our Thanksgiving page for turkey recipes, and our Holiday Entertaining Publication for all other Thanksgiving needs to help you make this the best Thanksgiving yet! PS. Don’t forget about breakfast Thanksgiving morning either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Ribs the 4/3.5 Way!

GfwGfw Posts: 1,598
edited 12:35AM in EggHead Forum
A while back I received a message from "Bubba Tim" suggesting what I will call the 4/3 method - since tomorrow is Wednesday it has also become rib day - I'll post the results tomorrow.[p]The original message...[p]"try this you will love it. dry rub both side of your ribs with granulated garlic and onion salt. fire the egg up to 200 degrees. I take a large drip pan and place a v rack on the pan. on top of the v rack put the largest grill that will fit. place two large chucks of mesquite on the coals and smoke for 4 hours. flip your ribs and put two more chucks of mesquite on the coals and smoke for another 3 -4 hours. the slow smoking gets all the fat out and leaves you with the best ribs ever."[p]Life is GOOD! :~]
[ul][li]Gfw's BBQ [/ul]

• Tim MTim M Posts: 2,410
    Gfw,[p]Hmm, I'll be interested in how thay come out. I have a feeling they will be a little dry but tender. 8 hrs is a lot of time - even indirect. I would assume these are not baby backs too.[p]Tim
  • GfwGfw Posts: 1,598
    Tim M, baby backs they are - trust me, I'll be watching very closely :-}