Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Spreading the love this Valentine’s Day with your EGG? Virginia Willis’ three course menu is perfect for a date night! February is also National Chocolate Lover’s Month, so don’t feel guilty if you’ve been cooking a little more dessert than usual on your EGG. If you’re looking for something a little more savory than chocolate, try some Roasted Chicken Flatbread or Pork Tenderloin with Honey Mustard.

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the History of the EGG Museum and the Culinary Center too!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Ribs the 4/3.5 Way!

GfwGfw Posts: 1,598
edited 1:07AM in EggHead Forum
A while back I received a message from "Bubba Tim" suggesting what I will call the 4/3 method - since tomorrow is Wednesday it has also become rib day - I'll post the results tomorrow.[p]The original message...[p]"try this you will love it. dry rub both side of your ribs with granulated garlic and onion salt. fire the egg up to 200 degrees. I take a large drip pan and place a v rack on the pan. on top of the v rack put the largest grill that will fit. place two large chucks of mesquite on the coals and smoke for 4 hours. flip your ribs and put two more chucks of mesquite on the coals and smoke for another 3 -4 hours. the slow smoking gets all the fat out and leaves you with the best ribs ever."[p]Life is GOOD! :~]
[ul][li]Gfw's BBQ [/ul]

Comments

• Tim MTim M Posts: 2,410
    Gfw,[p]Hmm, I'll be interested in how thay come out. I have a feeling they will be a little dry but tender. 8 hrs is a lot of time - even indirect. I would assume these are not baby backs too.[p]Tim
  • GfwGfw Posts: 1,598
    Tim M, baby backs they are - trust me, I'll be watching very closely :-}