Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Mr. Beer will know the answer!

Jethro
Jethro Posts: 495
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
This is off topic somewhat, but I am sure many will agree that a good beer is to que as butter to corn on the cob.[p]In any event, one of my favorite beers is Sam Adam's Double Bock. I think it is a seasonal beer, and I use to find it on a fairly regular basis. However, over the last couple of years I've been shut out. Has SA discontinued this style?[p]Are any similar tasting brands generally available?[p]Thanx All,
Jethro

Comments

• Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Jethro,
    If anyone knows for sure, it is Mr. Beer. I am pretty sure it is still available. It has always been spotty as far as availability goes (at least here in Virginia). They also have a Triple Bock that is heavenly...if you ever see some grab it. Definitely a sipping beer that is loaded with alcohol, but it is a carnival in your mouth.[p]You might need to do some calling around.
    NB

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • Cornfed
    Cornfed Posts: 1,324
    Nature Boy,[p]Hi, NB and Jethro. Many on this forum are beer enthusiasts. Along with Mr. Beer, I know Jobu is big into good beers and homebrewing. As for your question, according to this page on SamAdams.com Double Bock is a seasonal beer brewed between the months of January and March.[p]Now that Triple Bock stuff is another story. I agree with NB on both points there - definitely a "sipping beer" (even for the likes of Smokin' Todd and myself...which is saying a lot!!!) and definitely a party in one's mouth...with everyone invited!!![p]Cornfed

• Jethro
    Jethro Posts: 495
    Cornfed NB,[p]Thanx for the info. Looks like in another month, I'll need to start doing the beer hunter. Though not like the McKenzie brothers do it.[p]I tried the Triple Bock once. I remember reading that the older it gets the stronger it gets. Don't recall why. Any how the stuff I got I determined was over a year old and plenty strong. In fact when I opened the bottle the smell was a lot closer to a Kentucky bourbon than to beer. Maybe, I'll try it again with a fresher vintage.[p]Thanx Again,
    Jethro

• RhumAndJerk
    RhumAndJerk Posts: 1,506
    Cornfed,
    That triple bock is some special stuff, but it almost impossible to find. I still have three bottles in my cellar from three or four years ago. I went to Salem for Halloween and was on my list to find. It is best sipped from a cordial glass.
    RhumAndJerk

• Mr Beer
    Mr Beer Posts: 121
    Jethro,
    I'm a little late getting back to you on this one. As Cornfed has said the Double Bock is seasonal and not available yet. If you can find it this time of year it will have some age to it. Don't think that it ages as well as the triple bock. I'll probably break into my 1995 stash of that for the new year.[p]Mr Beer