Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Here are some of our new favorite non-beef burgers: Italian Turkey Burger, Grilled Tuna Burger and Goat Cheese Portobello Burger. You’ll want to perfect these before football season starts up in a few weeks! It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

rules of thumb revisited

char buddychar buddy Posts: 562
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
A week BBQfan1 came up with his so-called rules of thumb. I had never heard of most of them. He said stuff like - Rib slabs should be under 3 pounds each. Look for round bones. ETC.[p]Well, I went to my butcher and looked over the ribs in his case. Some had been previously frozen. Some were fresh (these were baby backs). And sure enough there did seem to be some with rounder bones than others.[p]So, I got the round bone ribs and tried them this weekend. [p]And, like a lot of stuff on this forum BBQfan1's idea worked as advertised.[p]So, I have questions. [p]Is the round bone test, just an easy way to select for freshness or something like that?[p]Anybody else ever hear of this round bone thing, and did it work for them?[p]Anybody else got a reason why the round bone thing works - or doesn't work?[p]Oh yeah, the ribs. They were the most tender ribs I've had yet. I did them with the Cat Lady's rub to which I added a lot of ginger. I tried to do them the GFW
way, they were so tender that after I took them out of the foil, the bones were following off and they were done, done, done. And were they good.[p]So, I have reasons to want answers to the round bone question.[p]Signed,
curious dude.

Comments