Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Are you happy it’s finally National BBQ Month? While we like to BBQ year round, May is our favorite because the whole country is celebrating delicious food. If you’re new to cooking BBQ on your EGG, check out our Smoking Basics Publication...if not, proceed to some of our favorite recipes! We love Dr. BBQ’s Coffee Rubbed Brisket, Famous Dave’s Sticky Ribs and Virginia Willis’ Pulled Pork. Pair with this cheesy favorite for a winning way to start off May!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Steak & Stuffed pepper - cooking advice needed.

YYZashYYZash Posts: 44
edited 4:30AM in EggHead Forum
I have 4 - 2 “ filet mignons and 6-shitake mushroom stuffed Poblano peppers. I would like to finish all at the same time. I want to do the steaks Trex method & I am guessing the stuffed peppers will take about 40 min at 400 degrees. I figure, I can sear the steak, put in one big wet chunk of hickory, and the plate sitter for indirect, close up my large egg and cool to 400. Then start the peppers, after 20 min add the steaks, putting them over the gaps in the pate sitter so they get mostly direct heat. Cook steaks 5 min per side, pull and stand 5 min. Then pull the peppers and serve.

The pepper stuffing tastes great, I think they could turn out wonderful and the steaks well they are filet, so I don’t want to screw up either item. Am I biting off too much to chew, or dose this sound doable? All suggestions appreciated.
·