Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Happy Father's Day

locolongballlocolongball Posts: 414
edited 2:13AM in EggHead Forum
ABTs.jpg
<p />Just wanted to say Happy Father's Day to all the Dads. Got me a Thermapen this year. Looks like the family got in touch with MollyShark. [p]some ABT's, Chilli, and Corn for lunch... Beer, and the US Open during the afternoon, then some hotwings later tonight! Pic to follow. Great Day, in Southern Oklahoma! See ya! [p]
corn.jpg

·

Comments

• locolongball,
    Look's great! what the technique for the roasting ears?

·
  • locolongballlocolongball Posts: 414
    MoEggHed,[p]Pull the husk back, butter, salt and pepper, or a basic BBQ rub, put the husk back on to keep the corn from burning, turn every 10-15mins, for about 30-45mins. Awesome taste, and slight crunch..very good!
    ·
  • icemncmthicemncmth Posts: 1,157
    Southern Oklahoma !! I live in OKC,,,,,,,and was just outside wondering where the wind was!!
    ·
  • locolongball,
    Thanks for the tip, going to prepare them for the egg right now!

·
  • icemncmthicemncmth Posts: 1,157
    Another trick is to soak the ears in water for a little bit...then butter salt and pepper them...

The water will help steam them. My Grandmother had a huge farm and they would roast corn all the time. I would watch the adults do this...Oh..what memories!
    ·
  • Smokin' ToddSmokin' Todd Posts: 1,104
    170085691_ecbfef1f2a.jpg?v=0
    <p />locolongball,
    Happy dads day right back at ya. This is one of the photos I just had developed for mu Egger wall of fame for my spare room.
    ST

·
  • locolongballlocolongball Posts: 414
    MoEggHed,[p]How did everything turnout?
    ·