Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Fathers Day Low-and-Slow

Joshua KaneJoshua Kane Posts: 31
edited 12:52PM in EggHead Forum
Whew! [p]What a long and busy last few weeks it has been. No time for cooking on the egg, unfortunately. I have been traveling for work, and tending to some yucky personal matters. But, knowing fathers day was coming up I wanted to take some time to relax with my family, and the BGE. [p]Last night around 9:30 I took out two pork butts, and a nice brisket flat. I took the time to get them all rubbed down, and tucked into the refrigerator for their early morning rendezvous with tastiness. [p]About 3:30 I had the chimney starter up and hot, and the egg sitting in its new table home. I Could not wait to get to work on the long and delicious low and slow for fathers day. [p]I just came back in from putting the brisket and butts in the BGE, the temp is hovering at just about 240 dome, and things are smelling like hickory and Dizzy Pig. [p]I can hear hear the 7 month old stirring in her crib, and I need to dim the back lights before the 4 year old notices that I am outside and cooking without him. I can't wait to spend a nice relaxing fathers day with the little ones, wife, and our folks.[p]Here is to all the dads, wishing you a happy, relaxing Fathers Day, and many, many, fond and fun memories.[p]-- Joshua
·