Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Where to find a grill raiser ring?

Options
Louisiana Redneck
Louisiana Redneck Posts: 198
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Good afternoon,[p] I haven't added to the room lately, just enjoyed reading, but I do have a question. Recently, I have been noticing a ring someone is making that raises the grill off the fire ring. It takes the place of unstable fire bricks that tend to fall in at the most inappropriate time. It looks like two steel or large wire rings connected by slats that will actually raise the grill about 4 inches higher than placing it directly on the fire ring. Does anyone know where you can get one of these for a large egg or do you have to get someone to make it for you? Any help would be appreciated.[p]Louisiana Redneck

Comments

• thirdeye
    thirdeye Posts: 7,428
    Options
    Louisiana Redneck,[p]That is a Sandbagger, design. I refer to it as a Sandbagger Ring. Some of Tom's versions are really fancy. I use the basic ones and they work great for getting your grate higher or for stacking two grates. Not sure if he makes them on a regular basis or not.[p]~thirdeye~

Happy Trails
    ~thirdeye~

Barbecue is not rocket surgery