Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

"The Best Turkey I've Ever Tasted!"

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
"The best turkey I've ever tasted!" [p]That was the consensus on the 20 lb. turkey I cooked yesterday on my BGE. I used a simple brine (equal parts sugar and salt) for 24 hours, followed a posted recipe for seasoning ("Smoked Super Buzzard Turkey"), threw in just a few pecan chunks and cooked it at 225 degrees for almost 8 hours. Everyone loved the slight smoky taste and the sage-thyme flavor throughout. The meat was very moist, especially the white meat. When the time came to slice pieces off of the bird to send home with the guests, it came away from the bone with very little effort.[p]I've had my egg since Memorial Day weekend of this year. In that time I've done steaks, burgers, pulled pork, grits, potatoes, roasts, ribs, several chickens, etc. Everything comes out of the egg well-seasoned, tender and delicious. Everyone raves about the finished product.[p]I'm still amazed at how well the egg holds a set temperature for hours. And the advice and recipes in this forum are worth their weight in gold.[p]If you are sitting on the fence trying to decide whether to purchase an Egg or another grill, I suggest that you find the nearest BGE dealer, and take the plunge. You won't be disappointed, and you may well become the most popular person in your neighborhood when you too begin turning out these wonderful treats.