Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

2 Breasts for Thanksgiving !!!

Options
Tim M
Tim M Posts: 2,410
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
turkey14.jpg
<p />Well, the 2 6-7lb breasts of turkey came out very nicely. They cooked indirect at 330-350 deg for 2.75 hrs until the Polder read 162 deg. After the 30 min rest the temp hit 168. It was wonderful with a slight smoke taste and 3/8" red smoke ring on the edge of the meat. Wonderful turkey! I wish the mashed potatoes came out as well, but then I didn't have anything to do with them.
The whole story is at the link below[p]
Tim -- hope everyone had a great day

[ul][li]Thanksgiving Turkey Breasts - ala Tim M[/ul]

Comments

• Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Options
    Tim M,
    Nice lookin birds there Tim. They look especially good since I didn't get turkey this year!! Had some killer Vietnamese food last night tho. Summer rolls, chicken curry, shrimp crackers with shrimp salad and more. Just took the boneless leg-o-lamb and rib roast out of the freezer to cook at my folks place tomorrow. [p]My skin usually ends up much darker. Dem ones in da picture dere are gorgeous. What's for lunch today? Turkey sammiches?[p]Great weekend to ya.
    NB

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • Tim M,
    I did two Turkey breasts also, only not being the brave soul, my wife did one in the conventional oven, and I did one on the Egg. I used the rack and drip pan direct. Started at 11am, and it was ready at 4:00pm as planned. Used the Forum for directions, and you folks are great! EGG set at 225 until the last 45min then 325 for browning. EGGED bird "flew" from the table so quickly that, should I have stumbled on the way to the platter with my fork, I would have missed a piece. Thanks for all of your help, and advice.