Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

pork sirloin roast

wobinwobin Posts: 211
edited 5:20AM in EggHead Forum
Local mega-mart has whole pork sirloin roasts for $1.40#. About 5-6# each. Can't be the best cut for that price. Low-n-slow like a butt and then pull? Only 2 of us so don't want to buy shoulder.

Comments

• BajaTomBajaTom Posts: 1,269
    wobin,
    I'm not sure what a pork sirloin roast is but i'm going to take a guess. I don't think it's going to have enough fat in it to pull like a butt. It is more like a porkloin. I'm doing a bone-in porkloin tonight. I season with my favorite rub and then put some strips of bacon on top. Cook at about 425 to 450 dome to an internal temp of 150. I let rest for about 10/15 minutes and slice into 1/2 inch cuts. Good luck, Tom