Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Fishy Question

Options
BlueSmoke
BlueSmoke Posts: 1,678
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
We had dinner the other evening at a local seafood restaurant, and the grilled grouper was excellent. It tasted as good as my best efforts, and the look was fannnnnnnntastic. Grill marks couldn't have been prettier if they'd been painted on, the flesh pale white between the marks.[p]So.... help, please. I can keep the fish, steaks or filets, tender and moist - what troubles me is getting good grill marks, as well as being able to turn the fish without tearing it to pieces.[p]TIA
Ken

Comments

• Pick
    Pick Posts: 36
    Options
    BlueSmoke,
    Have you ever seen those extra wide spatulas for just fish, might try that. Later Jason

• Clay Q
    Clay Q Posts: 4,486
    Options
    BlueSmoke,
    Brush the fish with melted butter and oil the grid just before the fish goes on and again when you flip. I have seen the restaurant chef in San Diego's The Fish Market use two large spatulas to flip, one to lift the fish then the other rests on top of the filet as everything is turned over and the fish slid off and back on to the grill to cook the other side.
    I hope this helps,
    Clay