Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Sam's ribs

uncbbq
uncbbq Posts: 165
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I'm a brand new (2 weeks) egger; just bought a case of baby backs at Sam's Club for $2.97/lb., and they are gorgeous. First try at ribs tonight with company coming, using 3/1/1 method, Dizzy Dust, and GFW's sauce. Pressure. But I couldn't believe the price of the ribs. That is about half what local grocery stores are charging. I'll let you all know how they turn out. Thanks to all the posts for helping me get going. The forum is quite a resource.

Comments

• toomsdpt
    toomsdpt Posts: 141
    uncbbq,
    lets see the finished product with pictures?

• uncbbq
    toomsdpt,
    Sure, if I can figure out how to post the photos.[p]

• Eggtuary
    Eggtuary Posts: 400
    uncbbq,
    I'm going back to Sam's ribs. For my first competition this past weekend, I bought some unbelievably thick babybacks from Fresh Market. But they were surprisingly lean. When I cut into them, I couldn't believe how white the meat was inside. I'm sure that's what hurt my tenderness/texture scores.[p]The Sam's ribs are typically good. I try to watch out for the ones that have too much of a thin section at one end. Most slabs taper off a good bit at one end, so this is always good to be on the watch for.[p]Otherwise, good fat content, good taste. Usually cut pretty well. Definitely a good value.[p]Enjoy!

• uncbbq
    toomsdpt,[p]They turned out great. Overshot my temp a little bit, so they were a tad dry in the very thin spots, but not really. Fell off the bone, and made a couple of BGE believers out of our guests.
    Can one post photos that are not on a website with a URL?