Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

I need a Salmon recipe

Options
Rick
Rick Posts: 45
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I have several non-poultry eaters coming for Thanksgiving, and need some good salmon suggestions. Recipes don't have to be too "simple" as they are all gourmands. Thanks for any and all help!

Comments

• Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Options
    Howdy Rick,
    Simple is sometimes best with salmon. This is my favorite recipe for salmon. Wonderful.
    NB

[ul][li]Gretl Rules[/ul]
    DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • KennyG
    KennyG Posts: 949
    Options
    Rick,[p]I had good luck with this one at EggFest this year.[p]K~G

[ul][li]Maple bourbon salmon[/ul]
  • Wise One
    Wise One Posts: 2,645
    Options
    Nature Boy, you are absolutely right. This recipe is good.

• Wise One
    Wise One Posts: 2,645
    Options
    Nature Boy, you are absolutely right. This recipe is good.

• I do a simple recipe that I like:[p]Alder chips soaked in water
    Salmon fillet (I like the thick portion before the tail section)
    1/2 cup low sodium soy sauce
    1/2 cup regular soy sauce
    2 tablespoons of brown sugar
    Tabasco sauce to taste (I use approx. 1-2 teaspoons)[p]Skin the salmon and place in a glass dish. Mix all of the remaining ingredients, making sure to fully dissolve the sugar, and pour the mixture over the salmon. Place the salmon in the refrigerator for a couple of hours, flipping the salmon a few times.[p]Bring the Egg to 300-325. Place the drained Alder wood chips on the coals and place the salmon filet on the grate. Smoke/cook, flipping the salmon a few times to prevent burning, until the fish a flaky. Make sure to NOT overcook the salmon.[p]I generally do a 1/2 pound filet and it takes around 20 minutes, but may be as little as 15 minutes. The salmon has a nice taste and is very moist.