Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re halfway through National Barbecue Month and loving every minute of it. We hope you’ve had some time to try out some new recipes and enjoy a few old favorites as well. If you’d a couple tips on smoking meat, check out our Smoking Basics Publication. For delicious recipes, try Justin Moore’s BBQ Shrimp, Greg Bate’s BBQ Dr. Pepper Chicken, Bobby Flay’s Chicken Thighs or Dr. BBQ’s new Maple Brined Pork Chops. Need dessert? Finish off your meal with some Planked Twinkies. Have a great rest of May & get ready for some fun summer happenings!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

dimensions for table with quatities

Desert EggDesert Egg Posts: 12
edited 2:22AM in EggHead Forum
Here are the specs for the table I did. It's the same as the BGE specs I believe.[p]14 - 1x4's 58"(mine measured 5/8 x 3 3/8 inches)
4 - 4x4's 32 1/2"(posts for the legs)
4 - 2x4's 56"
7 - 2x4's 21" (3 are for braces under 1x4's)[p] The hole for the Egg is 20 1/2" . The egg just fits. Lower shelf is 17" below top of table. You will need to notch 4 of the 1x4's to fit around the 4x4 posts on the lower shelf also. I have a 1/4" between the 1x4's to give me a 1/2" overhang on the front of the table and 1/4" on the back.There is an 1" overhang on the ends of the table. The lower shelf has a round concrete stone on it. The Egg sits on its feet wich are on top of the stone. I did this to give some airspace below the Egg, and so the Egg had some room around it at the top also. [p] If I were going to do another(I am eventually), I would make it longer. Probably 70" - 72". I also would make it an inch or two wider simply so there is more room between the Egg and the upper 2x4's.[p] Hope this helps anybody thinking about doing a table,
Brad

·