Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

dimensions for table with quatities

Desert EggDesert Egg Posts: 12
edited 3:14AM in EggHead Forum
Here are the specs for the table I did. It's the same as the BGE specs I believe.[p]14 - 1x4's 58"(mine measured 5/8 x 3 3/8 inches)
4 - 4x4's 32 1/2"(posts for the legs)
4 - 2x4's 56"
7 - 2x4's 21" (3 are for braces under 1x4's)[p] The hole for the Egg is 20 1/2" . The egg just fits. Lower shelf is 17" below top of table. You will need to notch 4 of the 1x4's to fit around the 4x4 posts on the lower shelf also. I have a 1/4" between the 1x4's to give me a 1/2" overhang on the front of the table and 1/4" on the back.There is an 1" overhang on the ends of the table. The lower shelf has a round concrete stone on it. The Egg sits on its feet wich are on top of the stone. I did this to give some airspace below the Egg, and so the Egg had some room around it at the top also. [p] If I were going to do another(I am eventually), I would make it longer. Probably 70" - 72". I also would make it an inch or two wider simply so there is more room between the Egg and the upper 2x4's.[p] Hope this helps anybody thinking about doing a table,
Brad

·