Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone enjoyed their Fourth of July weekend and is excited for more warm weather grilling! This week, we’ll be making these two burgers: Stuffed Portobello Mushroom and Caribbean Chicken, and also eating lots of these Ice Cream Sandwiches in honor of National Ice Cream Month! It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

dimensions for table with quatities

Desert EggDesert Egg Posts: 12
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Here are the specs for the table I did. It's the same as the BGE specs I believe.[p]14 - 1x4's 58"(mine measured 5/8 x 3 3/8 inches)
4 - 4x4's 32 1/2"(posts for the legs)
4 - 2x4's 56"
7 - 2x4's 21" (3 are for braces under 1x4's)[p] The hole for the Egg is 20 1/2" . The egg just fits. Lower shelf is 17" below top of table. You will need to notch 4 of the 1x4's to fit around the 4x4 posts on the lower shelf also. I have a 1/4" between the 1x4's to give me a 1/2" overhang on the front of the table and 1/4" on the back.There is an 1" overhang on the ends of the table. The lower shelf has a round concrete stone on it. The Egg sits on its feet wich are on top of the stone. I did this to give some airspace below the Egg, and so the Egg had some room around it at the top also. [p] If I were going to do another(I am eventually), I would make it longer. Probably 70" - 72". I also would make it an inch or two wider simply so there is more room between the Egg and the upper 2x4's.[p] Hope this helps anybody thinking about doing a table,
Brad