Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Hey RRP: Peoria tomorrow!

Options
Porkchop
Porkchop Posts: 155
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
making my trip from Champaign this afternoon. will be staying with wes and faye! wes has promised tri-tip (sweet!) for dinner! looking forward to seeing you all there again. i plan on doing the breakfast casserole again, and getting in early![p]my entry will be a 10# cheeseburger; baked the bun last night and it came out great! course, i'll have to do some abt's and other stuff just for munchies.

Comments

• RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,895
    Options
    Porkchop,
    Howdi back at ya! I'm counting the hours myself and just about have my box of eggceries ready to go - I like to travel with everything that I MIGHT even need - so holler tomorrow iifin you forgot something. For fun and giggles - not the "competition" - I'm egging a triple chocolate cake to show the public the egg can do more than grill meat! The weather sounds perfect and it will be fun!!! See ya...

Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • IlliniEgger
    Options
    Porkchop &/or RRP,
    What time do the festivities start and end tomorrow in Peoria.[p]IlliniEgger

• RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,895
    Options
    IlliniEgger,
    They open for biz at 8:00 and in the past the cooking and judging are all finished by 1:00 or thereabouts. Most eggers don't get there that early, but some of us do. The public seems to start drifting in around 10:30 to 11:00. At least in the past the turn in time is 12:00. It's a fun event...come on down!!! If you're cooking - GREAT! If not - just come hungry and penniless - it's all free - unless you want to support Hearth and Patio and buy another grill - then Gerry and family will be glad to see you!!

Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • Eggin in Peoria
    Options
    Look forward to seeing everyone tomorrow. I'm planning on doing a meatloaf. H&P called and said they moved up the judging time from 1:00 to 11:30.

Tim