Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Need your expert advice..New gasket is in

Options
Sandi
Sandi Posts: 107
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I need to get my new gasket on. What do I do? How do I get the old stuff off? Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Cat
    Cat Posts: 556
    Options
    Sandi,[p]Pull off as much as you can by hand, then use a putty knife or wood chisel to scrape off the rest. Wipe the surface with some rubbing alcohol and let it dry before applying the new gasket.[p]Cathy
  • Sandi
    Sandi Posts: 107
    Options
    Cat,[p]Thanks Cat, as usual, ya'll come through for me everytime I need help!
  • Sandi,
    I'm sure you've got the old gasket off now, but did want to say, I used a pumice stone when I removed mine and it worked really great..It got it down to the smooth ceramic. Without a trace of the old gasket or any grease or anything..[p]Dylan

• JimW
    JimW Posts: 450
    Options
    Sandi,
    After you get the big chunks of the old gasket off, try 3M's 'Rust and Paint Remover' wheel. It's a black porous looking thing about 4" in diameter and an inch thick. It attaches to a standard power drill. It works like a charm with no chemicals or other things that may soak into the ceramics. You can get it at just about any hardware store.
    JimW