Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Need your expert advice..New gasket is in

SandiSandi Posts: 107
edited 1:02PM in EggHead Forum
I need to get my new gasket on. What do I do? How do I get the old stuff off? Thanks in advance.
·

Comments

• CatCat Posts: 556
    Sandi,[p]Pull off as much as you can by hand, then use a putty knife or wood chisel to scrape off the rest. Wipe the surface with some rubbing alcohol and let it dry before applying the new gasket.[p]Cathy
    ·
  • SandiSandi Posts: 107
    Cat,[p]Thanks Cat, as usual, ya'll come through for me everytime I need help!
    ·
  • Sandi,
    I'm sure you've got the old gasket off now, but did want to say, I used a pumice stone when I removed mine and it worked really great..It got it down to the smooth ceramic. Without a trace of the old gasket or any grease or anything..[p]Dylan

·
  • JimWJimW Posts: 450
    Sandi,
    After you get the big chunks of the old gasket off, try 3M's 'Rust and Paint Remover' wheel. It's a black porous looking thing about 4" in diameter and an inch thick. It attaches to a standard power drill. It works like a charm with no chemicals or other things that may soak into the ceramics. You can get it at just about any hardware store.
    JimW

·