Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Corn on the cob

Options
Sandbagger
Sandbagger Posts: 977
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
118_1828.jpg
<p />I did corn on the cob Monday and it was surprisingly good. So, you might stop by your local grocer and check out the supply. Locally, it was 10 ears for $2. I do wonder where this corn came from though, Mexico maybe......anybody know![p]Tom

Comments

• AZRP
    AZRP Posts: 10,116
    Options
    Sandbagger,
    We've had a few good batches in the stores over the last two weeks or so. One of the stores said it was from Florida. -RP

• SirKeats
    SirKeats Posts: 159
    Options
    Sandbagger,[p]Wow... over here in Oregon they're sticking me for 2 for a buck! 10 for 2 is a hell of a deal.[p]I just did some last night myself. I did it out of the husk though, right on the grill (while my steaks were resting). Turned out great. I didn't time it exactly but it was like 6 or so minutes at a dome temp of around 400 degrees.[p]Hickory Corn.... mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.
  • Spring Chicken
    Spring Chicken Posts: 10,255
    Options
    Sandbagger,
    I haven't been happy with the corn on the cob that I've done in the past. Love it though and would love to have a good, fool-proof method of cooking it shuck on or off.[p]Spring "Save The Cob Fer Other Uses" Chicken
    Spring Texas USA

• badbruce
    badbruce Posts: 353
    Options
    Hi Spring,
    I tried corn every way I can think of.
    My favorite is husk on, elevated grill, direct, @ about 300 degrees for an hour & a half or so, turm 'em every 20 minutes or so.
    A little taragon butter, mmmmm
    Cheers,
    bruce

• Spring Chicken
    Options
    badbruce,
    Do you soak them first? [p]Spring "Forward Thinking Back Seat Driver" Chicken

• BurntRaw
    BurntRaw Posts: 565
    Options
    Spring Chicken,
    We have been having corn on the cob every weekend for the past 3 or 4 weeks and have not had a bad bunch yet.[p]We don't soak, just pull back the husk, remove the silky threads, smear with unsalted butter, and pull the husk back up. I cook direct at 350 for an hour doing a 1/4 turn every 15 min.[p]Not sure if it is "fool-proof" but I have not had a bad bunch yet! Good stuff and a good reason to pull out the floss.

• Spring Chicken
    Options
    BurntRaw,
    Thanks... I'll look for some good corn at the store Saturday.[p]Spring "Hen House CEO" Chicken

• Bordello
    Bordello Posts: 5,926
    Options
    Spring Chicken,
    Hey you sly old CEO Chief Chicken, you damn well better be CEO or you're gonna lose one of your "Necks" if Mrs. Spring Hen sees that. LOL[p]Cheers Leroy,[p]Bordello[p]Always support your local "Chicken Ranch"
    We want the CEO to have a Bottom Line.

• badbruce
    badbruce Posts: 353
    Options
    Spring Chicken,
    No I don't soak 'em. The outside husk leaves get charred but that's how you know they're done.
    Cheers,
    bruce