Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

CHESTNUTS

edited 12:52PM in EggHead Forum
Has anyone ever tried roasting chestnuts in a Big Green Egg?
·

Comments

• FireballFireball Posts: 354
    Angela Hannaford,
    I roasted chestnuts for the first time about three weeks ago. This was also, my first time eating roasted chestnuts. I cut an X on the flat side of the chestnut. I put the chestnuts in a heavy-duty foil drip pan in which I had cut slits into. I roasted them at 450 degrees for about 18 minute (until the shells open up). Peel them when they are still warm, I didn’t do this with a few and regretted it latter. I will try this again on good old Humpty.
    Fireball

·
  • GretlGretl Posts: 670
    Fireball,
    I think if you don't peel all of them while they're still warm, you can zap them in the microwave and heat them up just enough to get the peel off easily.
    Cheers,
    Martha Stewart (NOT!)

·