Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re so close to Thanksgiving that we can taste it and we’re ready to help you prepare the most delicious Thanksgiving feast you’ve ever cooked! Check out our Turkey Cheat Sheet for turkey tips, our Thanksgiving page for turkey recipes, and our Holiday Entertaining Publication for all other Thanksgiving needs to help you make this the best Thanksgiving yet! PS. Don’t forget about breakfast Thanksgiving morning either!

If you missed the 17th Annual EGGtoberfest here are the highlights Click Here

CHESTNUTS

edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Has anyone ever tried roasting chestnuts in a Big Green Egg?

Comments

• FireballFireball Posts: 354
    Angela Hannaford,
    I roasted chestnuts for the first time about three weeks ago. This was also, my first time eating roasted chestnuts. I cut an X on the flat side of the chestnut. I put the chestnuts in a heavy-duty foil drip pan in which I had cut slits into. I roasted them at 450 degrees for about 18 minute (until the shells open up). Peel them when they are still warm, I didn’t do this with a few and regretted it latter. I will try this again on good old Humpty.
    Fireball

• GretlGretl Posts: 670
    Fireball,
    I think if you don't peel all of them while they're still warm, you can zap them in the microwave and heat them up just enough to get the peel off easily.
    Cheers,
    Martha Stewart (NOT!)