Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope you had a hoppy Easter and are ready to spring into warm weather cooking mode! There’s nothing better than spending time outdoors with the sweet aroma of fresh cooked Ribs. Baseball season is also underway, so it's the perfect time to try out some chicken wing variations! We have Jamaican Jerk, Lemon Pepper, Fired-Up Wings and even a Whiskey Onion and Chicken Steak if wings aren't your thing. Bon appetit!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Best Deep Dish Pizza Yet

FritzFritz Posts: 179
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
pizza124.jpg
<p />After all the talk about pizza recently we decided to make what I believe is our first pizza in the year 2000.[p]This was oor best deed dish yet. Temp was 15* outside, but 550* in the BGE. We put the plate setter in for 30 minutes after the egg got up to 550*. Then the deep dish pizzza went in. It baked for 25 minutes and we declared it done. Crust was cooked through and was nice and chewy, all the toppings were done to perfection.[p]We used the "Pampered Chef" pan mentioned here earlier. We dusted the bottom with cornmeal. The crust was a food processor recipe Mary uses frequently. The toppings were tomato sauce made with organic farm canned tomatoes, chicken, pepperoni, red bannana peppers, onions, roasted elephant garlic and mozzarella and parmesean cheeses.[p]This was good eatin'.[p]:-)[p]Fritz
·

Comments

• Nature BoyNature Boy Posts: 8,333
    Fritz,
    Nice job. You are doing a nice job of making me want more stuff! Can you explain the pan and where you got it??[p]That is one beautiful sculpture you created!

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    ·
  • FritzFritz Posts: 179
    Nature Boy,[p]It comes from Pampered Chef, it is a mail order place, like tupperware, avon, etc.[p]Find someone who sells it and they will have a catalog.[p]Fritz
    ·
  • Char-WoodyChar-Woody Posts: 2,642
    Fritz,
    That looks like a twin to the ones I did here yesterday and today. And I got enuff dough left over tonight from making Spins dough to do another one tomorrow. I am playing with other methods using firebricks.[p] Good job, keep em roasting..best dang pizza's I have eaten also.

·
  • Nature BoyNature Boy Posts: 8,333
    Fritz,
    Preeeeciate that.
    Still can't stop thinking about that picture.

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    ·
  • RandmanRandman Posts: 31
    Fritz, I think someone said the pan is high temp proof. I have shattered two pizza stones from Pampered Chef. They were pretty thin, though. Anyway, that pie looks like it could be airmailed to KC for next day dinner:~)

·
  • FritzFritz Posts: 179
    randman,[p]Thanks.[p]Remember, I put the pan on a plate setter.....that kept it away from the direct flame.[p]Fritz
    ·
  • Fritz, man that's a perdy pitza. Real perdy. :^)

·
  • Fritz,
    That pizza would do justice to any pizza lover! Way to go! I hope it was as good as it looks![p]Dr. C

·
  • RandmanRandman Posts: 31
    Fritz, Ya caught me with my reading glasses off!
    ·