Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Looking for a basic chicken marinade

ShortRib
ShortRib Posts: 180
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Going to make some grilled chicken breasts and ribs on Sunday for some friends and was looking for a basic chicken marinade to use before I grill 'em and then baste them with some bbq sauce. I looked over the web pretty good, but nothing jumps out at me. Anyone have some suggestions?

Comments

• stike
    stike Posts: 15,597
    ShortRib,
    that ever-present bottle of italian dressing.[p]just don't let anyone see, and don't tell-em, neither.

ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
  • Citizen Q
    Citizen Q Posts: 484
    ShortRib,
    For straight out of the bottle, take your pick:
    Wishbone Robusto Italiano
    Newman's Own Italian
    Kraft Catalina
    any French, Greek, Caesar or Russian dressing
    Lea & Perrin's Marinade for Chicken (formerly White Worcestershire)
    Nellie & Joe's Mojo Criollo or Cuban marinades
    A-1 Steakhouse Chicken Marinade
    Soy-Vay Very Teryaki
    World Harbors Island Teryaki[p]Or my personal favorite: Take all the labeled and no longer labeled partial bottles of whatever from the fridge that I don't have any idea how long they've been in there, check for mold before pouring over a bag of chicken, shake to mix and squeeze out any air, let it stew overnight. This one has never failed.[p]Cheers,
    C~Q

• Ryan
    Ryan Posts: 243
    I like to use some olive oil, kosher salt, fresh black pepper and some rice wine vinegar as a basic marinade…

Ryan
  • Darnoc
    Darnoc Posts: 2,661
    stike,
    Dont forget to add extra grated cheese.

• Sundown
    Sundown Posts: 2,980
    ShortRib,[p]Half a cup of water and half a cup of vinegar, salt, pepper in a Zip lock for an hour. Can't get any simpler.