Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
As we round out National BBQ Month, we hope you’ve gotten to try some new recipes that will keep you cooking all summer long. Check out our Smoking Basics Publication. For delicious recipes, try Justin Moore’s BBQ Shrimp, Greg Bate’s BBQ Dr. Pepper Chicken, Bobby Flay’s Chicken Thighs or Dr. BBQ’s new Maple Brined Pork Chops. Need dessert? Finish off your meal with some Planked Twinkies. Get ready for some fun summer happenings!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Pizza stone - to preheat or not preheat

RollocksRollocks Posts: 570
edited 12:32AM in EggHead Forum
The instructions that came with my stone said NOT to preheat the stone. Are these instructions the same as the cookbook that came with my eggin otherwords should I use them a firestarter for my next cook. When I read instructions for other pizza stones they always seem to recommend preheating the stone prior to cooking.

I've tried to cook pizza or make calzones on a big green egg pizza stone several times and always end up with the crust sticking to the stone. What can I do to avoid this. Will preheating eliminate this problem.

Rollocks
·