Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Ping - Wess B...or anyone who attended the Texas Fest

Options
Newbs
Newbs Posts: 188
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Hi Wess[p]Just looking at your pics from the Texas Egg Fest. What a beautiful spot! A loooong way from my home up here in Canada. Question...Do you know what the filling is in the bottom of the "ham cups" in the muffin pan? The stuff under the egg is what I'm curious about. If there is a texas eggfest recipe page somewhere, I wasn't able to find it.[p]I've posted a link to the picture from your site...hope that isn't a no-no.[p]Cheers,[p]John
[ul][li]the mixture in this picture....[/ul]

Comments

• GrillMeister
    GrillMeister Posts: 1,608
    Options
    Newbs,[p]Chubby and Chubby's Chick made those awsome breakfast items. The mixture is mushrooms and some stuff. Hopefully Chubby will chime in here if he ever lets go of Sandbagger. LOL

Cheers,

GrillMeister
    Austin, Texas
  • Newbs
    Options
    GrillMeister,[p]
    Thanks much....I need to try that so hopefully Chubby or his Chick will help me out.[p]Cheers,[p]John

• Chubby
    Chubby Posts: 2,955
    Options
    Newbs,[p] "Chubby's" Baked Eggs and Mushrooms in Ham Crisps[p]¾ lb. cremini (baby bella) mushrooms, finely chopped
    ¼ cup finely chopped shallots
    2 cloves garlic, finey chopped
    2 tbs. unsalted butter
    2 tbs. olive oil
    2 tbs. sour cream
    1 tbs. finely chopped tarragon or parsley
    12 slices Black Forest or Virginia ham (without holes)
    12 large eggs (don’t use extra large or jumbo)[p]Preheat EGG to 375 degrees dome for direct cooking. Fit 1 slice of ham in each of the 12 lightly oiled muffin cups (ends will stick up and fold over the edges).
    Saute mushrooms, garlic and shallots in oil & butter until mushrooms have rendered off most of their liquid (about 10 minutes). Remove from heat and stir in sour cream and tarragon. Salt and pepper to taste. Evenly divide mushroom mixture into the ham cups and crack one egg into each one. Garnish with tarragon or parsley and bake (about 10 minutes) until whites are set and yolks are runny (if desired).
    Remove ham crisps from muffin cups with 2 spoons or small spatulas.[p]
    PS...I like to add a drop or two good hot sauce,
    (I especially like "Tiger Sauce") before cracking in the eggs...
    though we didn't @ Texas just to be safe with others!

I spent most of my money on good bourbon, and bad women...the rest, I just wasted!!
  • Newbs
    Options
    Chubby,[p]Much appreciated. They look terrific![p]I'll give it a whirl and let you know how I made out.[p]Thanks much....[p]John
  • GrillMeister
    GrillMeister Posts: 1,608
    Options
    Chubby,[p]These were great! Thanks for the recipe. It's going in this year's cookbook.[p]Cheers,[p]Ed

Cheers,

GrillMeister
    Austin, Texas