Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re so close to Thanksgiving that we can taste it and we’re ready to help you prepare the most delicious Thanksgiving feast you’ve ever cooked! Check out our Turkey Cheat Sheet for turkey tips, our Thanksgiving page for turkey recipes, and our Holiday Entertaining Publication for all other Thanksgiving needs to help you make this the best Thanksgiving yet! PS. Don’t forget about breakfast Thanksgiving morning either!

If you missed the 17th Annual EGGtoberfest here are the highlights Click Here

Zip's Bourbon Chicken...doesn't get any better than this.

GretlGretl Posts: 670
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I used Zip's recipe (in the archives) for Bourbon Chicken; instead of using chicken pieces, I used the whole bird. I first brined a 7 lb chicken in a salt-sugar solution for 24 hours, then rinsed it well and dried it and left it in the fridge to sort of "dry out" overnight. In the morning, I put it in the bourbon marinade for about 4 hours. When the Egg reached a steady 350, I put the bird on a vertical poultry roaster with a small can of beer underneath (I used the little can from the pineapple juice) and coated the chicken thoroughly with more marinade, even putting some under the breast skin. In about 2 hours or so, the bird was SO juicy that the skin actually split in a few places. I had reserved some bourbon marinade which I heated up and drizzled over the chicken on the platter. Our guests were completely amazed and proclaimed it the BEST chicken ever! Thanks, Zip, for the great recipe.
Cheers,
Gretl

Comments