Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Difference in meat

Options
jwirlwind
jwirlwind Posts: 319
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
What is the difference in London broil and Eye of the round?[p]Jerry

Comments

• SuperDave
    SuperDave Posts: 319
    Options
    Jwirlwind,[p]The London Broil is also known as the Flank Steak. The Eye of Round is generally a piece of meat with more mass. Both are lean, and tough. Both need maranating or mechanical tenderizing (meat mallet) for good results. I've got an eye of round defrosting in a zip loc bag with some coarse dizzy dust and some Worchestershire Sauce and a dash of Franks Red Hot in a sink of cool water.
    Plan on Egging @ 350º for an internal temp of 140~145º and then resting while bringing the Egg up to searing temps. Kind of a reverse TREX.... gonna serve with Scallop potatoes and some warmed up AuJus and steakhouse rolls!
    I can hardly wait!

• jwirlwind
    jwirlwind Posts: 319
    Options
    SuperDave,
    I did the eye Friday. I had the temp at 300 and pulled it at 140. The juice was running everywhere.
    Yesterday, I paper thin sliced the meat and man does it make a good sandwitch. Tomatoe, lettuce, mayo and meat. [p]Jerry