Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Vengence cooking / moral dilema

ArvadaMan
ArvadaMan Posts: 260
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I have a moral dilemma.[p]I have a gasser friend who is looking for a new barbeque this fall. We discussed barbecues and my egg last week but he spent most of the time dissing my egg and the use of charcoal. But, he is still insistent that he wants me to give him something cooked on my egg. [p]So, the dilemma is this. Do I cook him something on the egg so he knows what he is missing or do I let him linger in his gasser ignorance due to his verbally trashing my egg?[p]Thoughts?

Comments

• stike
    stike Posts: 15,597
    Arvadaman,
    after he buys the gasser, cook him something on the egg. that way, you get the full zinger effect[p]ask him what gas does for him?
    his only possible answer is 'convenience'[p]that is an extraordinarily low priority for someone who loves food. i'll say again, if he wants speed, use the microwave.[p]even he is smart enough to appreciate the difference of a steak in a microwave vs. a steak on a gasser. 10x better, right?[p]tell him then that he should be able to make the leap and understand that a steak on an egg is 10x better than on a gasser.[p]as for barbcue (lo/slo), he can't do that on his gasser. ...or pizza, or bread, or ribs.... or turkey.[p]look, if he doesn't see the difference, he doesn't NEED an egg. mono is fine for me. who needs stereo?

ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
  • Arvadaman,Obviously your friend is very insecure and is desperate for you to take him by the hand to a "better "place. One might suggest that it is in the best interests of the "Common Good" for you to show him the essential beauty of the BGE by sharing a morsel of something tasty with him .And would we not all benefit ( utilitarianism at it's best)if it reduces the amount of time the wretched soul will dwell in "that gasser place" and increase the probabilty of his embracing the BGE way of life ???

• bob cannon,[p]VERY poetically said! :)

• Bear Country Woman,[p]When someone tells me they use gas...I really feel sorry for them. Like their dog just died or something. Give him something amazing...and bring him over.