Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Are you happy it’s finally National BBQ Month? While we like to BBQ year round, May is our favorite because the whole country is celebrating delicious food. If you’re new to cooking BBQ on your EGG, check out our Smoking Basics Publication...if not, proceed to some of our favorite recipes! We love Dr. BBQ’s Coffee Rubbed Brisket, Famous Dave’s Sticky Ribs and Virginia Willis’ Pulled Pork. Pair with this cheesy favorite for a winning way to start off May!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Willie's chicken sitter

edited 10:37AM in EggHead Forum
A couple months ago someone posted the web site to order a Willie's ceramic sitter. I checked the archives and only found the "Willie's" name as an aside in a post about the beer can and I'm pretty certain that was thr products name. Yahoo didn't produce anything. Any help out there, folks?
·

Comments

• CatCat Posts: 556
    one feral kat,[p]You can order them at the link below.[p]Cathy
    [ul][li]Chicken sitters[/ul]
    ·
  • Tim MTim M Posts: 2,410
    Cat,[p]I have also had that url bookmarked for a year or more too - like you it seems. I guess I should actually order one.[p]I think someone told us wayyyy back that the Willie factory burnt down (or other disaster) that had it out of business - atleast for a while. That seems like a long time ago so maybe they are back in stock. [p]Tim
    ·
  • CatCat Posts: 556
    Tim M,[p]I hadn't heard that about the factory disaster. The sitters really do beat using a beer can, although they're not as picturesque.[p]Cathy

·
  • Thanks Cat and all the others too! I just ordered one chicken and one turkey. I have twice knocked the bird/can over and the bird managed to get clear to the edge before dumping the contents between the fire ring and the outer shell so that made a k/d cleaning necessary. ^oo^~

·
  • Char-WoodyChar-Woody Posts: 2,642
    one feral kat, [p]You will like em, easy clean and stable. I have 2 chicken, 1 turkey, and might order the bitty Cornish hen. I did use some small beer bottles (liquid in em) for a pair of cornish several times. Had no problem and they looked kinda cute on those thrones.
    C~W[p]

·
  • MopMop Posts: 496
    have a peek at this

[ul][li]click me[/ul]
    ·
  • Cat,[p]What are those made of ? I see they are white. Is is a ceramic of some kind ?
    ·
  • EJ, I know you didn't ask me, but yes they are ceramic. When I ordered two yesterday they were 11.95 for the chicken and 16.95 for the turkey. S&H was 7.50.
    ·