Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Split Breasts, Placesetter or No Placesetter

Options
Pick
Pick Posts: 36
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Going to egg about 6 split breasts (w/ ribbones I think) haven't done any of these yet, just wondering if I should use it or not, I guess it depends on cooking temps, any help would be appreciated, Jason

Comments

• EggRacer
    EggRacer Posts: 400
    Options
    PICK,
    I usually use the setter when I cook chicken pieces. My usual is about 70 to 75 nminutes at 330 to 350. I don't have to worry about flipping the chicken or having the bottom get burnt.

XLBGE & LBGE
    North Richland Hills, TX
  • Unknown
    Options
    PICK,
    Go with the flow that you have used on other grills.
    I prefer indirect method to keep heat level down so the breast does not get dry.You will find that it will stay moist.By low I mean 325-350.Do your own thing for seasonings etc.Forty five min to one hour should be done.For crispy skin,this is a different procedurwe.

• Unknown
    Options
    PICK,
    Go with the flow that you have used on other grills.
    I prefer indirect method to keep heat level down so the breast does not get dry.You will find that it will stay moist.By low I mean 325-350.Do your own thing for seasonings etc.Forty five min to one hour should be done.For crispy skin,this is a different procedure.

• Unknown
    Options
    PICK,
    I cook mine direct and hot (425ish). Marinade in Italian dressing for at least 15 minutes preferably an hour. Turn every 6 minutes or so. 4 turns (24 minutes) and your done. No problems with drying out.