Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
National BBQ Month sure was tasty! We hope you got to try just as many new BBQ recipes as we did and some old favorites as well. If not, you can find all our BBQ recipes here and try them out all summer long. One of our favorites was Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise and Ted Reader’s Rum Injected Sweet Potatoes. As the weather’s heating up, use your EGG for a cool treat-Ice Cream Sandwiches! Keep an eye out for some Father’s Day recipes from chefs & their dads, coming soon!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Anyone ever try Beer-Can Chicken in an Egg?

smpleesmplee Posts: 3
edited 6:28PM in EggHead Forum
Recently, there was a recepie in a national cooking magazine for cooking a chicken in a grill, but with an odd technique. Bascially, it consists of brining a bird, adding a few spices, then placing the chicken upright over an open, full can of beer in the grill. Apparently, they loved it. Has anyone tried this in an egg?
Send an email to me and I'll send the text of the recipe if anyone is interested.

·

Comments

• hounddoghounddog Posts: 126
    smplee,
    chicken on a throne
    or
    beerbutt chicken are common recipes. I think both are posted on the site. also they appear in the Jamison books in a couple of places.[p]they work well and are good

·
  • smplee,[p] Go to the recipes section of this site to find the BGE version:[p]Brant's Brined Beer-Butt Bird[p]MikeO[p]PS Brant's brine is quite good . . .
    ·
  • MikeO,[p]thanksabunch. u2, houndog.
    ·