Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re so close to Thanksgiving that we can taste it and we’re ready to help you prepare the most delicious Thanksgiving feast you’ve ever cooked! Check out our Turkey Cheat Sheet for turkey tips, our Thanksgiving page for turkey recipes, and our Holiday Entertaining Publication for all other Thanksgiving needs to help you make this the best Thanksgiving yet! PS. Don’t forget about breakfast Thanksgiving morning either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

I need a simple rub for ribs.

Pig PickerPig Picker Posts: 28
edited 1:29PM in EggHead Forum
I'm looking for a simple rub for spare ribs. I want something to subtly compliment the meat. I was thinking of salt, pepper, Hun. paprika, garlic powder and a bit of brown sugar. I would love some other suggestions.[p]thanx

• bdavidsonbdavidson Posts: 411
    Pig Picker,
    Doesn't get much better than JJ's.

[ul][li]JJ's Rub[/ul]
  • BluesnBBQBluesnBBQ Posts: 615
    Pig Picker, how about just salt and pepper? That's pretty simple!

• Pig Picker,[p] Sounds like all the basic ingredients are there. You might also enjoy a bit of sage or thyme in there . . .[p]MikeO
  • GfwGfw Posts: 1,598
    Pig Picker, JJ's rub is great, I always keep it on hand. My other favorite is "Memphis-Style" rub which I have used on ribs, pork and steak. :~}

• EarlEarl Posts: 468
    <p />Pig Picker,[p] Don't get discouraged with the all confusion, J.J's rub
    has got to worth to time. We make up a big batch & use it
    on a regular basis.
    Try it!![p] Earl