Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Thermometer

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
New egg owner here. I am looking for recommendations on thermometers. I had a Taylor model, but apparently got the probe too hot and it “fried” the unit. I am sure this question has been asked a 1,000 times, but what thermometers are you all using?

Comments

• smalljaws
    smalljaws Posts: 58
    Options
    With my first post I also found the "new" forum, complete with search function. So feel free to disregard my original post. Thanks...
  • WessB
    WessB Posts: 6,937
    Options
    smalljaws,
    For an internal meat thermometer, you will find most of us swear by our "thermapen" it is a bit pricy tho....and for a remote, I have not had any problems with my nu-temp 701 and have been using it for years.....HTH[p]Wess

• Unknown
    Options
    smalljaws, I have a Maverick ET-7 dual probe wirless. It would always take a long time for the receiver to get updated info from the transmitter. I sent it back and they sent me a new one. I still have the same problem, but not as often. I also have a single probe wireless Weber and it works great, the only thing is you can't dial in a preferred temp, it has only preset target temps, but that is not a big deal to me. Hope this helps. Welcome to the wonderful world of Egging.