Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

My first week

Options
Smokin Joe
Smokin Joe Posts: 441
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
First I want to make sure I am using correct Forum etiquette. After adding my nickname I see that there is at least one other that is very close (Smokin Joe, without the '). Should I change mine? How do I do that?
On to the topic, I picked up my new BGE at Waldorf Eggfest Saturday. I could not have hoped for a more fun, gracious and interesting group to spend the day with. I was given lots of very good advice, got some great recipe ideas and was treated to a lot of amazing food. Highlights were the leg of lamb, pork tenderlion and the ABTs. I was too overwhelmed to take note of who was feeding me, but the leg of lamb was served by the folks just in front of the front doors and I think the pork tenderlion was a late in the day effort by Wess. The ABTs, I believe were by Susie. Forgive if I'm way off on any of this, there was beer involved. I've already done a pork loin and two chickens. I overcooked the loin a bit and the chickens were perfect.
Big thanks to George who broke in my Egg and went above and beyond in cleaning it and helping me get it loaded in the truck. Morse "Hokie Smoke" also offered lots of great advice as did the Wilmers. This is a great forum, I will learn a lot and hope to contribute.[p]Joe

Comments

• Sundown
    Sundown Posts: 2,980
    Options
    Smokin' Joe,
    Welcome to the Cult of the Big Green Egg. Your life wilil never be the same.

• Essex County
    Essex County Posts: 991
    Options
    Smokin' Joe,
    Sounds like a good week. Pork loin has become one of my favorite cooks. I cook with a good dose of cherry wood at about 275 for as long as it takes to get to an internal of 150. It comes out tender and moist every time. Happy egging![p]Paul

• WooDoggies
    WooDoggies Posts: 2,390
    Options
    Smokin' Joe,[p]Welcome to the forum new egger! Glad to hear you had a great time at Eggfest.
    That fantastic leg of lamb was cooked by Ron and Yasmin... fine, ever-smiling folks who always cook big in Waldorf.[p]To avoid confusion, it would probably be a good idea to change your forum handle. You can go back to the visitor profiles page, submit your new handle and then email the webmaster requesting to remove your old name.
    Your new handle should take immediately after submitting.[p]Ask away with any questions about cooking... someone here will have an answer. What we don't know, we'll make up. :~)[p]john[p]