Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

DESPERATE, HOW DO RE-CALB. TEMP GAUGE,

Options
Pick
Pick Posts: 36
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Need to know very soon getting ready to start lo and slo 4 butts, worried about my gauge thanks in advance check back in a few

Comments

• RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,893
    Options
    PICK, just boil some water in a pan, hold your thermometer in a gloved hand and stick the probe end in and hold for a couple minutes - using a wrench or plires turn the nut on the back to match up with 212 at boiling - check again and you are set to go!
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • Fearless Flatlander
    Options
    PICK, I make a day trip to Crane's Beach in Ipswich MA. I take my hiking stove and a pot and some water. I walk to the edge of the ocean and boil the water as I am at sea level I know the water is 212 degrees. On the way to the beach I always stop at Marty's Donut Land, best honey dips in Eastern MA and South Eastern NH. After Calabrating and walking on the beach I stop at the Clam Box, fried clams, yum. Still haven't found an egg recipe for them. As I think about it i believe that my temp gauge just might need to be calibrated this weekend. FF