Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Do you pound your chicken??????

Options
JQuinn
JQuinn Posts: 44
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
No that I have your attention. I hope I wont get band from this forum for that attempt in humor. but my question was if you pound out your chicken breast to get them more of the same thickness? I tried my first chicken breast on the egg last night and I feel they were a little over cooked at the ends and the middle was alittle undercooked. so should I fold the thinner sides in to thicken the meat or not worry about it and throw them on the way they are..[p]
On a side note I once again threw on the egg a lb of shrimp with tsunomi spin on them..... then I had some fresh sea scallops just to try...... WOW. Just like butter...... I dont know if I will pay the 18.99 per pound for them but when the price of gas goes down I will be all over them....
thanks all

Comments

• mad max beyond eggdome
    Options
    JQuinn,
    to answer your initial question. . . .i really think what you pound is your own personal issue. . .particularly if you plan to serve it 'jerk' style as well :-)[p]to your second question, if i'm just doing boneless chicken breasts, rather than pound them, i'll usually slice them in half. . .serves the same purpose. . .gets them done more evenly that way. ...

• MasterMason
    MasterMason Posts: 243
    Options
    mad max beyond eggdome,
    And if you par-freeze them they are much easier to cut. Freeze them till they get firm, but not frozen

• Car Wash Mike
    Car Wash Mike Posts: 11,244
    Options
    mad max beyond eggdome,
    Do you mean butterfly?[p]Mike

• BlueSmoke
    BlueSmoke Posts: 1,678
    Options
    Car Wash Mike,
    Max is good, darned good, but I don't think even he would Egg a butterfly... <grin>[p]Ken

• MickeyT
    MickeyT Posts: 607
    Options
    JQuinn,[p]I posted a recipe a few years back that came to rave reviews. Just did them this weekend, nothin left but the plate. I take the flat end of a tenderizer, place the breasts in a one gallon ziploc bag and beat the crap out of them. Makes them 2-3 sizes bigger yet flatter. Throw in another ziplock bag with a bottle of paul newmans Ceaser dressing. Let sit in the fridge for an hour. Cook them s--t hot for a couple minutes a side with egg dome open (adjust with vent)and serve.[p]Yummyyyyyyyyyyy

• Sigmore
    Sigmore Posts: 621
    Options
    JQuinn, You can pound them flat and roll up ham and cheese in them. Sorta like chicken cordeun bleu or something like that.