Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Anyone else find this forum layout difficult?

NoraNora Posts: 5
edited 5:03PM in EggHead Forum
OK, I know that I just registered (after some time lurking), and I don't mean to be ungrateful. this forum has a lot of great information, and I have learned a lot by reading posts here.

I find the layout of this forum very frustrating, however. I just posted a reply to Mike (Maple something) about his pork butt, but much to my surprise, my reply is on page 4 with his original post. No one will ever read it there!

Am I missing something? I tried all the links on threaded, classic, wide, etc., but they all seem the same, with a reply on the same page as the original post, no matter how old the original was.

And how do I search for a post? I would like to reread the post on smokey vs. clean fire, but I can't find it anywhere. I slogged through 10 pages of posts, but it's not there. Am I missing a link for searching the forum? Can't find the first post about Nature Boy's fire either. With all the talk of spark arrestors, I am wondering if the fire started because of his egg, but I didn't want to ask for fear of starting a wild rumor.

And one last dopey question, what are the buttons at the bottom of the list with the two arrows on them for? (look like >) I sort of assumed they were for paging through lists of posts, but when I click on them, I am sent a seemingly random distance from where I started, not to the next page at all.

Again, I very much appreciate this forum. Thank you all for your unwitting help in my first year of egg ownership.

Nora

Comments

• HinkHink Posts: 6
    I must agree. I find it difficult to track questions and answers.

However I must admit that when I bought my BGE last year I only used it for for direct grilling. Now I understand the indirect method and use it every weekend. Last week we had a pizza cookoff. I gave my Weber to my daughter in law and still keep the old gas grill to quickly cook hot dogs
    Hink