Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Help Feeding 30+ people (4 Butts?)

SparkySparky Posts: 34
edited 4:18PM in EggHead Forum
Hi everybody,
I don't post much but I live to read the posts.[p]I need some help. I have been volunteered to cook for my inlaws
50th wedding anniversary. I was planning to get 4 Butt/Shoulders, and use some Dizzy Pig Course to coat.
I will also be getting a Guru to control it over nite.
Can anyone give me any idea how long it will take and what size
meat to get.[p]Thanks Sparky

·

Comments

• The Naked WhizThe Naked Whiz Posts: 7,780
    Sparky,
    I cooked 4 8-pound butts for 37 homeless women and it was more than enough. You can probably count on 16-20 hours for that much meat low and slow to 200 degrees internal temperature.[p]TNW

The Naked Whiz
    ·